Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Three Gophers

Oakley: You know those three gophers?

Nisha: Um, no.

Oakley: I forget their names, but they like, they.... I don't know what they are called.

Nisha: Honey, I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

Oakley: Um, I don't know what they are called, but I like their music.

*Lightbulb*
Nisha: You mean the Chipmunks???

Oakley: Yeah! I like them!

You gotta love morning drives to school conversing with a seven year old. He never ceases to just make me smile and make my day. I love watching him walk to the playground after I drop him off. His backpack is bigger than he is and he loves to wear hooded sweatshirts, with his hood on. He just looks so grown up and small at the same time walking by himself. He told me this morning that he likes the guy "with the horns" on the wizard of Oz that sings the lollipop song. We sang the song together a few times after that. Weeee wish to welcome you to munchkin land!

We finally got our kitty fixed yesterday. She is really sore and confused now. We have her quarantined because our dog (aka miniature horse) is really rough with her. We used to feel sorry for her, but then noticed that she loves it. She walks up and smacks him with her paw on purpose so that they can play. He never hurts her, and if he did cross a line she has claws and would teach him.

I sewed curtains for my living room. Yes, you read that right. Presently one is about a yard longer than the other (shit!) so I have to do some altering. Life used to be trying to remember what happened the night before and deciding what to wear and wondering if he would call. Now it's dinners, homework, baths, bedtime stories, landscaping, curtains.

I plan to tackle the holiday crowds and get most of my shopping done on the day after Thanksgiving. It's a lot more fun to shop as Santa for a seven year old! Now... where do I hide a bean bag chair?? haha.

I am such a sucker for the holidays. The music puts a spring in my step and nearly every holiday special, movie or even commerical chokes me up completely!

No comments: