Friday, December 30, 2005

My Merry Christmas

I'm pretty sure that anyone that reads this already knows that I got engaged on Christmas morning. I am so excited and suddenly can't stop looking at my hand! The blog may start to get a little sappy with wedding planning in about a year or so. Hold tight. You may want to cover your eyes! lol.

The past few days have been hellacious. We filed a request for emergency custody of Oakley for a very good reason and it was denied. Once again, we were punched in the stomach by the system. Dad's lose their visitation rights all of the time, mother's however can get away with nearly anything and they are the ones with the rights that are protected. I know that it's an old cliche that the court system and CPS are completely f*cked. But, it wouldn't have become a cliche and something that's heard all of the time if it weren't completely and utterly true.

Christmas, however, was just perfect. Christmas morning Brian and I woke up even before Oakley (I'm not sure if I even went to sleep!). I went and woke him up and he was so excited and gracious. Every gift was "what I always wanted!" I got the Chronicles of Narnia and I'm nearly done w/ book two. This proved to be the perfect gift as it's the closest thing to literally taking me away from this world the past couple of days, which is exactly what I have needed.

I should have probably split this up in to two different entries, as one is so exciting and happy, and the other is just sheer bullshit. So, now that we're all cross eyed and shaking our heads from my blog, I will post and go home.

No comments: