I realize it's been like seven Sundays since I've posted - so I will do some catching up for you.
Brian and I finally decided on a location for the honeymoon and we will be driving to Napa. I am very excited. We found a gorgeous resort there and booked the "Napa Experience" package. I am hoping that this means mucho vino and a tipsy Nisha. I don't drink hardly at all anymore, but what better excuse to get tore up than a weekend in Napa? I've seen Sideways, I know. (actually that was quite a disturbing movie...)
The clubhouse for our housing division is finally finished, and thank GOD we decided not to have the wedding there. Don't get me wrong, it's very nice ... but the wedding would have never fit there, on top of the fact that we would have had to rent everything for it. However, I am enjoying the pool and gym. Yes, I have donned a swimsuit this year. I figure, I don't want to be the mom that is at the side of the pool fully dressed because she's afraid that someone will see her chunky thighs... I want to enjoy myself. And, ahem...I'm a hottie compared to some of the women! lol.
The wedding planning is coming along very smoothly. I rented the first season of Bridezillas and realized how lucky I am - and how lucky everyone around me is! haha. Most of the stuff is already taken care of and I really don't want to sweat the small details. When else will there be a huge party with nearly everyone I know for me and my husband? I'd better enjoy the hell out of it, come what may.
I'm now afraid that I may become depressed once the wedding and honeymoon is over. Brian keeps saying that he can't wait for it to be over so that we can get back to regular life, but I LOVE being in planning mode! I won't know what to do with myself afterwards. What will I talk about? What will I do with my pile of subscription to Bride's magazine? Brian really needs to prepare himself to come home to me hanging out in my wedding dress and veil. It's bound to happen. But seriously, I LOVE the Christmas season. I'm so happy while I'm shopping & decorating and wrapping. But, once all of the presents are open, I want to cry. It's OVER! Lord knows what will happen once the last thank you card is mailed and it's all done. I will probably need a copy of the Notebook, elastic waisted pants, a bag of Dove dark chocolate, a box of Kleenex and leftover Napa wine...STAT!
Oakley and I went to see 'Over the Hedge' a couple of weekends ago. Cute movie..blah, blah, blah. The point of my story is that I saw a lady in the concession stand line with hair that I wanted so BAD! It was huge! She had the greatest spiral perm and bangs, I was literally jealous. I wish I could pull off that look still, I wish I were clueless and didn't care that I was stuck in the early nineties. I want to rat my hair so bad, this boufant (sp?) isn't cutting it anymore. Give me some banana clips and barrettes! I want my hair to be permed with wings, I want to use White Rain and scrunch!
My little brother signed up for the Navy. At first, I was so upset...I was ready to write letters to personally stop the war. I was in immediate psycho sister mode. There HAS to be a way to undo the oath he just took, he doesn't know what he's saying! He was just kidding! But, then I stepped back and stepped out of my hippie hemp sandals and looked at things from his point of view. He wants to see the world, get out of Elko, go to school...and I want that for him too. The Navy is probably one of the safest branches that he could have signed up for. But, if he gets deployed...I may need to chaperone...just to make sure he's ok and well cared for.
There are officially 100 days til the wedding (yes, I've quickly slipped back into Bride mode). It is coming up so quick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I don't have your phone # out here in Washington D.C. so I can't call you tomorrow but I still wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I hope everything is going well. I should be heading home in about two weeks. I will be able to be in better touch then.
What is going on with you canceling your myspace account?
Post a Comment