Dear Evie, I can't believe that you are five months old. I know that I say that every month - but this one seems even more monumental. You've gone from infancy to babyhood and I'm not sure momma is ready for that (however I wouldn't go back to the first 12 weeks if you paid me to).
This month has been a particularly busy one. We have had visitors nearly every weekend. You met your grandma, step grandpa, grandpa, uncle, aunt, cousin and some second an
d third cousins! You went on your first trip to Jerome and loved being in your baby bjorn as I hiked up and down those hills.
d third cousins! You went on your first trip to Jerome and loved being in your baby bjorn as I hiked up and down those hills.We are in the process of figuring out which formula is best for you because you are so very gassy. You lift both legs and let out man farts. It's funny during the day time but in the middle of the night I feel awful for you as you twist and contort to work out those bubbles. You have made your way back into the bed with me. Daddy keeps talking about when you will be in your own crib. All I can say is, when the time is right it will feel right. At this moment it feels like the wind has been knocked out of me when I think about it.

We had a girls' weekend with Aunt Kim and Cousin Elisabeth and we all got pedicures and played Pretty Pretty Princess. This was mine and Aunt Clara's favorite game when we were little. We even put some of the jewelry on you... and then laughed our asses off.

We had a girls' weekend with Aunt Kim and Cousin Elisabeth and we all got pedicures and played Pretty Pretty Princess. This was mine and Aunt Clara's favorite game when we were little. We even put some of the jewelry on you... and then laughed our asses off.
This month you belly laughed for the first time. And what struck you as so funny? Your cousin spinning around with your Oma's blue knee brace. Go figure! We were so lucky to get it on film though. You've done it a few times since and always to the strangest of things. Your laugh is infectious.
You are still not sleeping during the day. The many visitors that have come and gone have commented on how happy you are for a baby that doesn't sleep. This is true. For such a gassy, tired baby you are so damn content. Unless of course we are not carrying you and/or looking directly at you. Them's fighting words. Please pay attention to the baby...
You are also starting to teeth. You drool, and drool, and then drool some more. Days consist of new shirts because the shoulders are drenched in Evie Saliva. Your cheeks turn red sometimes and you move your jaw and jut out your tongue like a meth baby. Aunt Clara pointed out that I probably shouldn't call you that. Perhaps not - if it were remotely true. But... I feel pretty confident that I can safely call you a crack child and get away with it. I say it with love, really I do!
You had rice cereal for the first time this month. You still haven't decided if it's ok. ... or if you are completely offended by the vile substance we dare to put near your lips. Lord knows - you can give some looks!

This month has been a month of entertaining. And you have been the main act. I do have to say that you were wonderful. And I am looking forward to a million encores!
Love,
Mama


3 comments:
She is so cute, I love reading every month to see how much she has grown. They grow up way to fast, Mine has a "date" saturday!
Love ya
Tray
She's getting so big! We will have to get together soon so Aidan and Evie can meet :)
She's absolutely gorgeous, Nisha! Her eyes are just beautiful as it that smile!
Post a Comment