Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Forever and a Day!

Gosh, I have been the biggest slacker ever. Either that, or not a big enough slacker as the only time I really have to get on here is at work.

Clara was here this weekend and it was a blast. I was so excited to show someone from my family what I have done with my life these days. It's a far cry from where I was just a year ago (thank God!) ha ha.

I am loving this season change. Suddenly, in one afternoon it got crisp and cool here. Now I can pull out sweaters and the sort. No more shaving legs or showing bare arms. I am a happy girl. Time for scarves and layers! The only thing that I don't like is the closed toe shoes... my feet literally get claustrophobic. The housing division I am in is brand new so people are enjoying decorating their new houses. I really need to get the time, energy and funding to plant some bulbs and clear a section of my front yard. I would love it if I had flowers popping out of the snow in February!

I somehow spent hundreds of dollars in one weekend while Clara was here. We didn't even go out or shopping or anything! We did eat a lot and I think a lot of it was gas money... but still... I need groceries! ha ha.

We had Oakley's b-day party this weekend. He was an absolute sweetheart... I was nervous becaose I know that most kids turn into hellions when it's Their day. He opened his gifts and threw the wrapping paper away himself, used all of his manners and everything. It was Godzilla themed and turned out really cute, thanks to my sister's creativity. She's a lot better at that kind of stuff than I am. We had Oakley in the backseat of my car with 18 green and yellow Godzilla balloons and he kept saying "helloooo, there's a kid back here!" I took pictures of him peeking out from behind them. I hope that they turn out. I'll post some if so.

1 comment:

Raquel said...

I prefer to comment on your blog than keep my own! I'm a slacker. with all my recent days off,I do less than if I was working which doesn't make sense. but who cares?