Can you tell that I totally got caught yesterday trying to update this? Yes, there is an abrupt ending. I will finish now that I am off of the clock for a few moments. ... Not that I had anything else really to say.
I had a palm tree in my living room that I bought from Walmart for the low, low price of $10. The aphids in the soil must have been free because before I knew it the leaves were covered and the tree was emitting a sticky sap used as its "defense" all over my carpet. I guess there's a spray that can be used to get rid of it, but Brian's dad forgot to bring it over... like five times. So this weekend I was so over it and the tree now resides in the garage/band practice studio.
Brian couldn't handle that there was an empty spot where the tree used to be. His OCD has a hard time with symmetry, or the lack thereof. He called me from the road this morning after leaving Home Depot with a new palm - $50! My lord. I thought he had been robbed until I went home from lunch and realized that are living room is now a jungle complete with small black panther (Wednesday) and dopey dog (perhaps doing his best monkey impression). This thing is enormous! Brian tried to smoothe things over by telling me that I can always trim it down. I do not want to be a palm groomer as I picture the men in California on the ladders ripping down leaves on the street side. One day I may need a ladder. This comment was quickly followed by "and don't kill it because it was damn expensive". Damn being the key word. So, if you come to my humble abode for the first time please understand that you will be greeted by a palm the size of the potted trees in a Miami hotel lobby. Yes, there is symmetry... however there is room for little else.
I took Oakley to see Narnia last week. As we walked out he said "you know who my favorite actor was? The lion!" Yes, Oakley... the lion was a great actor. People around us snickered. I really liked the movie though, they kept to the book so well and I don't think that they could have cast a better white witch.
Off to the gym. I have been going every other day... and hating every living second of it. I don't understand the people that say things like "I really enjoy working out" PLEASE! I have a scowl on my face the entire time and usually hold a grudge for at least an hour afterwards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I don't enjoy working out either but I do understand those who do. I know that if I go to rugby practice hung over or not feeling well the first 20 minutes are hell on earth but then I start feeling better. Eventually, by the end of practice, I am sore but feeling really good.
So, the cure to a hang-over is about two hours of intensive cardiovascular conditioning. Here I have been wasting all my time with extra strength pain killers and the magical properties of my pillows when they are covering my head in the dark bed room.
I come to get used to working out, that's it. I can say I enjoy it, but I don't. What I enjoy however, are the results after weeks of sweat! Then and only then will I admit it was worth it!
Post a Comment