This morning I had to be out of the house at 7:30 am to run Oakley to "town" (where his charter "school" is) and be back at work by 8:30. I have been looking forward to my first doctor's app't since I found out I was knocked up. Somehow I still didn't find the time to do the necessary leg shaving and grooming. So this morning I jumped out of bed and grabbed Brian's electric razor and plugged it in. Much to my dismay it didn't reach to the toilet so my first plan to just do my duty over the toilet was foiled.
So, I laid out a plastic bag and tried to hold my belly out of the way and get the job done. Let me preface by saying that my dear husband and I haven't messed around since we found out because he's afraid he will hurt the baby (I will have the doctor nip that in the bud today!) so I was overgrown. And Hello?! Flatter yourself much Brian? haha Anyways, it was more of a job for a machetti than an electric razor. Of course I'm half asleep and the next thing I know I have a bald spot right in the middle and my skin is a strange color because I think that I may have scraped it. In my defense I couldn't really see and was having trouble doing it one handed and making sure that the "clippings" went on to the Safeway bag below.... all while holding my bloated fat to the right. It is really a sad sight. Sigh. There is nothing, nothing cute about pregnancy.
This will be a great first impression for my doctor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ha! Well I'm sure OB's have seen it all, anyways, so your little snafu with the clippers won't be anything he'll spread to the nurses! I continued to get my Brazilian throughout my pg. I so did not want to have to try and groom myself at the later stage...and I didn't want to have to go through getting an "initial" wax again (the first time is the worst!).
These little moments are all just par for the course! Enjoy everyone of them because it really will be over before you know it!
That is a great story. We always worry about what our ob/gyn thinks of us. I figure, they are the ones who knowingly went into that profession, anything else should be "par for the course". Loves to you!
Post a Comment