I had another doctor's appointment this morning and finally met my doctor. She found the heartbeat right away and it sounded very strong. I have decided to opt out of the tests that they run to find out if it has downs syndrome, etc. I feel pretty confident that they would find anything on the measurements that they take during the ultrasound. Also, it wouldn't affect me keeping the baby. I know of a lot of girls that get more scared after these tests. You really learn a lot about yourself when you're in different situations. There are so many things that I thought I would never do or that I would do for sure until I was in that situation.
The big ultrasound is scheduled for June 12th! I'm SO excited. This will let us know whether or not to hose the nursery down in pepto bismol pink or not. I will be happy either way. Oakley however doesn't want to discuss the posibility of a little sister. He wants a little brother SO bad. If we have him I will bring him to the ultrasound, I think it is something that he will always remember.
I am off to Salt Lake and Elko this weekend for my little brother's graduation. I am so excited to see family and go home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
WOOHOO!!!! Moving right along with the pregnancy! I'm SO glad that things are well. And I want to commend you on not wanting to do the testing for downs...it really shows the kind of person that you are and that I know you to be! I can't wait to see you this weekend...it's been such a long time!
Cristina
I wish we could have arranged our trips to SL to be the same weekend instead of a few weeks apart. Have a fabulous time! Travel while you still can.
I agree with you on your decision about the testing-- It definately says a lot about the Nisha I know and love. Hugs to you and your fam!
Post a Comment