So many women have talked about the crazy, realistic dreams that they have during pregnancy. I noticed fairly early that my dreams seemed to go on all night and it was hard once I woke up to try and figure out what happened the day before and what had been dreamed that night.
The first major dream was hilarious to me. One of my coworkers called me before I had fallen asleep (at about 7:30 pm) and asked me if I could pick her up the next morning because her car was in the shop. I said "no problem" and then layed down and reminded myself over and over to not forget! I dreamt that I was at work and kept gingerly opening my desk drawer and grabbing a black napkin with an extremely rare steak in it. I would then SHOVE the steak into my mouth and chew as blood ran down my mouth and hands. I knew that I hadn't picked up my coworker and was sitting at my desk instead with my eyes rolling back in my head as if I were the Vampire Lestat. I didn't care. I would then wrap up the steak in the black napkin and put it back. Only to do it again, and again. At one point another coworker asked for a bite. Pure fear ripped through my body. I did not want to share.not a little bit.no sharing.no.not for me. The steak melted in my mouth like butter and was seasoned with just the right amount of black peppercorns before being "warmed up" as nothing about this steak was cooked. I woke up just laughing and did end up picking up my coworker. And regaled her with my steak story. I was about 7 weeks along and we decided that the baby needed Iron.
I have had two dreams that I am having a little girl. I am hesitant to mention this in case I am wrong but have decided to so that if I am right then I can act as if the universe told me! Either way me and the universe have a 50/50 chance. The other night I was holding my beautiful little girl and was looking at each feature and trying to decide where she got each of them. Suddenly I recognized her chin! I am lacking a chin - or should I say generations of my family were distracted while the chins were being handed out. She had her daddy's chin! Then, I looked closer and realized that she had her daddy's goatee! I tried to wipe the hair away but it was full blown, thick whisker hair. There was even a gray one in the mix! I did calm down and decided that it would all be ok. But upon waking up and telling Brian he did not seem very impressed.
Speaking of the cosmos and the universe - I am convinced that Ms Stevie Nicks has been booked in the Prescott Valley Ampitheatre as a SIGN. Just as Steve Zahn was cosmically connected to Neil Diamond in Saving Silverman, my baby will be cosmically connected to Ms Stevie through the womb on July 27th. Need more proof? This is two days after my 27th birthday. Also, my sister was able to convince my dad to put the tickets on his mastercard so that all five of us (yes, I rounded up four people from three different cities to go to the concert in 3 hours) could sit together and get good seats. She also convinced him to make my ticket my birthday present. If this isn't proof that everything is aligned and the age of aquarius is upon us then I don't know what is. This coming from the man who when Brian asked for his daughter's hand in marriage said "you're not getting a dime out of me!". And yet I called the ticket office and had this same person charge 5 great seats to see my idol. My husband has decided to remind me that it is not 1973 anymore. I realize this - and in some ways wish that it was. I would have fantastic taste in clothes and hair and would be able to smoke pot to cure morning sickness!
Perhaps I will also convince my husband to name our daughter Rhiannon. So far, it's a no go.
I can say one thing though - this pregnant woman's dream just came true. I get to see Stevie Nicks again (last time I was 19 and cried) with 4 of my most favorite people on earth. I better not wake up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yay for Stevie Nicks and yay for cosmic connections...
Post a Comment