I have officially started the "maybe this isn't so much fun" part of my third trimester. Which - is to be followed by the "I hate the world" and then "I am going to reach out and get this kid out myself if it doesn't come soon" part of the third trimester.
First off - I'm pretty sure that my doctor's office has stock in the lab. They sent me to get 6 vials of blood drawn and two urine samples taken in a matter of a week and a half. Even though my glucose test was fine they said that the second draw was one point high so I have to follow the gestational diabetes diet which has me eating seven, yes seven, times a day. And not fun things like cake and hamburgers. String cheese, boiled eggs, etc. I am sick of chewing. On top of that I'm anemic and have to take Iron pills twice a day (on top of all the other prenatals and fish oils) that make me sick.
I have never had trouble sleeping. Ever. If anything I have trouble waking and staying awake. Now even though I'm exhausted I lay there with my eyes wide open. Every time I need to change positions I grunt and exhale as if I were performing a task for the Olympics.
The other night my ankles were so swollen that I had to laugh out loud. I had never seen one of my body parts in such an unknown position. About an inch up my leg was literally rolled over and touching the top of my foot. Not unlike an elephant's foot. Not even cankles. Just thigh - followed directly by swollen toes.
My anger goes from zero to 800 in no time at all. I boil over anything (but mostly nearly everything my husband says or does) I'm pretty sure that he's expecting my head to begin spinning around any time now.
Yes - I'm cranky but I'm also still elated. The baby is moving so much that my whole belly moves. I just lay there and watch her. I get to have my 3d ultrasound on the 6th of September so I get to see her little face. I read that she recognizes my voice (now if it were saying more than just cuss words!) I feel like I know her a little bit and that we share our own secrets. She is so close to me right now and I love it. I drum on my belly for her and sing country songs loudly. I stare at every little girl that I see these days and wonder what mine will be like. It's like I'm cranky outwards but completely dreamy inwards.
Despite being uncomfortable and waddling and breathing heavy I consider myself truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm so excited for you. I can't believe you are in your 3rd trimester already (although I'm sure you remember every second) for the observers, it seems to have gone quite quickly! Hugs and loves for you. Hopefully Brian survives this part... :) hee hee. We are cheering you all on.
David picked a fight with me when I 6 months pregnant. He swears when he was walking out the door, (bad idea in the middle of an argument) that I threw a knife and pegged the door. Moral of the story- Never pick a fight with a pregnant woman!! Cranky and hormones can be a dangerous combo... but the baby is worth all the trouble! Love Elaine
WOW. I can't believe you're in your 3rd trimester already! I hope you don't take this the wrong way but when you found out you were pg I had to quit reading (due to our Infertility issues, I just couldn't emotionally do it)but I didn't realize it had been so long since I popped in. The photos are amazing and I'm really happy your little one is so close to being in your arms. You must be thrilled.
Post a Comment