
No matter what I eat for dinner it equals killer heartburn. I say this knowing that there is not heartburn that is not killer. I have always had a stomach of steel and this is honestly the first time that I've even experienced heartburn and I have so much sympathy for those that suffer all of the time! I had no clue that life could be that miserable. It has brought on puking, insomnia, sweats, diarrhea, excessive burping and farting and much more. If my husband was afraid to sleep with me before because of the baby he has a whole list of reasons these days!
I guess this is the time of the pregnancy that miserable symptoms outweigh the fear of delivery. Add to that the excitement of meeting your baby I can see why women say that they are ready for it to be over. I'm not quite there yet as I still have a list of reasons why I'd rather suffer from heartburn than push something ginormous out of me that I've never met and then take it home and care for it - not knowing how to do so. Give me a few weeks and I'm sure I will be more than ready to take on whatever I need to in order to walk regular again, eat food without washing it down with Tums, gingerale and Maalox and go more than an hour without needing to pee.
Lately I have had the strangest feelings come over me. I realize that pregnancy makes us super emotional - but up until now they have all been emotions I can name. Happy, cranky, psycho, constipated, etc. This one doesn't have a name.
I am in baby limbo. I've started to do her laundry (which resulted in a complete melt down when I realized that I don't know how to fold baby clothes) and I've started to pack a hospital bag, but there's only so much I can do. Perhaps this is the calm before the storm. And by storm I mean the calm before crazy nesting sets in. I am tired, but restless and have a constant choke in my throat but I'm not sure if I'm going to laugh or cry. It's that feeling when someone comes up behind you and grabs your ribs - you don't know if you want to laugh, smack them, run, jump or cry but you are ready to react and usually don't.
Some women have Restless Leg Syndrome during the latter part of their pregnancy. I have restless arm syndrome. I have to shake them out a few times before I can fall asleep. They want to be doing something and that something doesn't exist yet. A lot of times it's as if they are causing me to fall. I love it when Evelynn shows up in my dreams - but usually my dreams last all night and are completely jumbled and confusing. I used to have dreams that I had a baby and would care for it all night. The next day my arms would be so heavy because they longed for the weight of the baby - perhaps my whole body is now on alert for her arrival.
Speaking of arrival I think that we should start guessing Evie's b-day. I'm due on November 10th but anything after October 14th is full term. Leave a comment or email me your guess.
My guess is October 25th.


5 comments:
November 1st
October 29!
It is my best friend's birthday and she is an amazing woman, and a scorpio! You have to watch out for scorpio's!
I'm gonna go for November 10th--Ryan's 1st b-day! You know, that was my due date, too. Even though they started my induction on the 9th, that little booger held on until the early morning of the 10th. Way to be punctual, kiddo!
Anyhow, since we DO seem to be kindred souls and all, I'm guessing that you will have the same joyous experience. :)
November 2nd!!
I'm going with Nov. 1 or 15th, they usually come later than expected. The only one of mine that didn't was Jared, he was actually born on his due date! Also, this is the time in pregnancy that my friend referred to as 'being 13 months pregnant', you feel so uncomfortable, and worry it will never end.....
Post a Comment