
While I was pregnant I heard a celebrity (no clue who) say that having a child is the strangest thing because you are head over heels in love with a complete stranger that you know nothing about. This couldn't be more true. I know some of your personality traits from the womb but we have all been trying to get to know you since you took your first breath. I have been asked a few times "does she usually do that"? I can only blankly stare at them and shrug. I have no idea what you usually do and just when I think I have it figured out you go and change on me. I kind of have your cries figured out. There is the squawking "why aren't you holding me I know that this is a swing I'm not stupid" cry, there is the "I'm starving and you haven't fed me in at least three weeks" cry that usually includes dramatic dove-like coos and then there is the hurt cry. this one includes tears. Some are yours but most are mine. It breaks my heart.
Daddy has taken to sleeping on the couch or in the garage because he gets up so early in the morning so you and I have the master bedroom to ourselves. I feel like we are having mini slumber parties and
I cherish our time together. You and I in a king size bed - up every three hours watching infomercials, music videos and nursing. You are such a great sleeper at night. You nurse like clockwork and then I put you on a quilt that is on top of one of those absorbant pads (so as not to ruin our new bedspread) on your side and you go right back to sleep. The 5-6:00 feeding you decide that you need to be held until I have to get up in the morning so I grab you and put the comforter over both of us and we go back to sleepwith you in my arms. This is the reason I have been late to work nearly every day. You are the most cuddly thing on earth. Sorry about the time that I woke up and had drooled all over your head.
The sleeping habits however during the day - that's a whole 'nother story! Not only can we not put you down (you have literally been held for nearly 2 months straight) but you cat nap. When you finally get to sleep I hold my breath and place you in the swing and then sprint around the kitchen frantically trying to cram food in my mouth ... not knowing when I will get to next. I am working on getting better at doing most things with one hand - but this is coming from the girl that wasn't that great at doing most things with two hands! Daddy has pointed out that I should really have you on a schedule by now and I just have to laugh. You are on a schedule - your own! And we're on the same one. I suppose a great sleeper at night is worth a cat napper during the day. At night when you fuss a little bit in your sleep I reach over and put my hand next to you. You put your little fist on top of it and fall back asleep. I want you to know that I will always be here for you. I need you just as much as you need me.

fill your pants at that moment and you are crazy enough to enjoy mommy's singing. (sorry about the time that you were crying and the only thing I could think of was to hum "Chariots of Fire"... not sure where that came from. )


6 comments:
I love it!! I can tell already these will be my FAVORITE posts!
She's so sweet! :)I LOVE the sleeping together moments best as well. Soft warm baby? Sign me up!
Fantastic! I, too, am a fan of sleeping next to your little one. Some of my best memories over this past year have happened with Ryan laying next to me. :)
Nish,
She is so Beautiful. I look forward to your monthly posts. I am glad to know you have Clara there. I bet you love that. Austin and I miss you and think about you often.
Love ya always'
Tracey
That was absolutely beautiful!
These letters are amazing! Evie is so lucky to have a mommy like you! Suzie
Post a Comment