Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Martin Luther King Day

Me: Do you know why you didn’t have school today?
Oakley: Because of that one guy
Me: What guy?
Oakley: That one guy that like…says stuff
Me: Uh huh… is he sticking up for people?
Oakley: Yes
Me: Who?
Oakley: Um, God?

I knew that charter school was a bad idea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it could be worse. In Utah, the State Legislature, begins its month and a half annual work every MLK day. Every year a Democrat sponsors a bill to ammend the state constitution in order to make it a non-working holiday. Every year it gets defeated by the Republicans. They think they honor King more by having a big opening ceremony with an invited minority guest than they would by having a day off where they could quitly reflect on the concept of equality. Lets justr ignore the fact that Utah was the last state to officially recognize civl rights day.

I think I will post this on my blog too.

Raquel said...

Brilliant legislature! Gotta Love Utah! Doesn't surprise me though. I say, if the banks are closed, I NO WORKEE Bee, I become sleep in and shopper bee instead!