Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tranny vs Fatty

I've been listening to the Adam Carrola show in the mornings lately and I just laugh my ass off. Work has been fairly quiet as friends have decided not to talk to me anymore for no apparent reason - so I fill the silence with inappropriate talk radio shows... and this makes me happy.

This morning was a little disturbing. They asked men who they would rather sleep with - a post-surgery transexual or a fat girl. They said about 82% chose the tranny. Why would a man open himself up to questions about his own sexuality just to keep from admitting that he may have slept with a woman with a weight problem? Now, I can't say that I am in the category of fatties that they are talking about. They said that they would need to be in the low 200's. "A dude or a deuce" they said.

I read a magazine article where a woman was very candid about her weight problems. She had a lot of people that would come up to her and offer what they thought was constructive criticism or advice. Diet tips, hair tips, etc. She pointed out that these were people that had affairs in the past, gossipped uncontrollably, drank excessivly, etc. But, since her weakness was out there for everyone to see it was like she was the one that was viewed as weak or pitiful. I have to agree. I would rather be chunky than a devious bitch, liar or thief. I think that many times we gang up on overweight people because we are scared of our own weaknesses. Everyone has a vice.

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you have against post-surgery transexuals?

Anonymous said...

I think you have a very valid point about our "weakness" being out there for everybody to see. It's an interesting take on things. You're right though you can hide a gambling problem, you can drink alone and pass out in your bathroom without the whole world knowing, you can lie to the world sucessfully about who you truely are but when you're overweight you can only hide so much behind a mumu or sweatshirts.

I've never had a person come up and give me unsolicited advice and I'm afraid I'd probably put them in their place if they did but I have had family memeber lovingly try an "intervention" which made me just feel worse about myself. I knew I was overweight, I didn't need anybody to point that out for me. But like an alcoholic, until I was ready to make a change there was no advice, no well meant fat books given as gifts, no talking to, that would change me. It's something you have to do within and for yourself.