Thursday, January 25, 2007

What the Hell?

Ok, I get it. Weigh yourself only once a week and at the same time of day because it can fluctuate... but I wonder if my fluctuation is worse than others. Or perhaps it just feels that way.

I woke up and peed (tried to do more to affect the scale...) and then stepped on. 174... sigh... one pound. Oh well, I'll take it. Then I took a shower and got out and thought, hhhhmmm... maybe the scale was wrong. So, I stepped back on and it was 177! How on earth did I gain 3 pounds? Does the water in my hair weight that much? I am so irritated!

I realize that I can't expect instant results. Especially since this isn't a diet... but rather trying to live more healthy. I suppose I need to keep telling myself that.

I have this quote posted to my computer screen at work:
"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." --William Durant

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

My mother-in-law claims that she weighs more after she brushes her teeth and washes her hands. So she gets up in the morning, goes to the bathroom, weighs, THEN washes her hands. LOL.

Thanks for your thoughtful messages to me! I appreciate your input!

My direct email is kimberjeb at gmail dot com if you want to send me an email and I can talk to you more about the situation with my sisters and their roommate...if you don't mind.
Thanks!

Nisha said...

I sent an email... let me know if you didn't get it. : )

Raquel said...

Nish!
I know you probably don't want to hear this from me, but I often struggle with my weight and the way that I feel in my clothes. If I can do anything, including a listening ear, I am here for you! We all have our struggles and I respect you greatly for posting this on your blog. HUGS and LOVES -