Up until now I have talked about my struggle to get my little brain around being overweight. The reasons for it, what I can do about it, etc. Now, I must gain at least 25 pounds in the next 9 months. Doctor's orders!
Yep, you guessed it right... I'm 6 weeks pregnant!
I have made the decision that I don't want to milk this and sit at home w/ fuzzy slippers and bon bons. Yes, I'm SO exhausted and nauseaus and scared and my boobs hurt like hell. But I'm not handicapped! The best thing I can do is eat right and excercise. And, you know how I talked about battles and how it's easier to do the right thing for others? I actually think about what I am putting in my mouth lately! Go figure! I'm not doing this for me anymore, I need to be healthy for a real little one that is growing in me. . . not a hypothetical someday child anymore.
Also, I am petrified of miscarrying. I am counting down the days until I hit the 11 week mark and the likelyhood is decreased. We've already told so many people... I would just hate to have to tell them bad news. We have had so many elated relatives. It has been so much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Congratulations! I am happy for you.
Congrats!!! How exciting! May you be blessed with no morning sickness! Hope you continue to blog your experience...it will be something you can look back on. I wish I did...even though I had a pretty uneventful pg I didn't record any of it, besides some appts. Totally natural to worry about M/C'ing...it's like a big sigh of relief once that first 12 weeks is over. So...due date is what...Nov?
Congratulations on your pregnancy. And please don't worry about miscarriage too much. Just take a look around you, each and every person in the grocery store, work, the gym, your city, the state, your country... the entire world is one pregnancy that didn't end in miscarriage. That's a lot of healthy pregnancies!
Post a Comment