Monday, June 27, 2005

All geared up, loaded down... and unable to work!

Once again I sit surrounded by paperwork and unable to do anything about it. There is an odd error that continues to multiply invoices so we are charging the customer 3 or 4 times and removing the items that many times from inventory. They are trying to fix it and in the meantime we need to sit here and think about everything that we should be doing. A lot of people like the excuse not to work, however, if I don't do this pile 'o paperwork on my desk... it doesn't go anywhere and continues to grow.

Oakley asked me this morning to change his band aid on his boo boo. I pulled out the first aid kit, antiseptic spray, etc... being the dutifull step mother that I am and he turned around and whipped out his left butt cheek. I wasn't expecting that! I guess he fell into a thorn bush and one went pretty deep in sideways. He is as clutzy as his father.

I went to a really gorgeous wedding reception this weekend. The property is beautiful and it was nice to feel as if I had gotten away for the afternoon, and I had a reason to get dressed up.

Allison is gone for a week and I am missing her already. I better still get my ass to the gym without her! I am still gaining weight! Scared to think of what would be happening if I wasn't working out!

No comments: