Sedona was overall enjoyable, but our Anniversay was off to a rocky start in the beginning. I think that we both just put so much stress on things going well (even though "well" is defined completely different in our own minds) that we end up at each other's throats. We got to the room that I was so proud of finding only to discover that the picture I was showing off to everyone had been digitally enhanced. The hotel had been moved to the base of bell rock even though it was across the street from it. The pictures of the rooms looked like they had been cloudy and pieced together, however that was the whole picture of the room, witch clouds placed in certain places. When we walked in to find that the jacuzzi room looked like something straight out of the seventies, only more cramped we were both upset. Brian because it was $114.00 and me because I thought that he was dissapointed in me. This escalated as Brian was hungry and I was a crybaby. The room wasn't even in Sedona, it was about 8 miles away in The Village of Oak Creek! The jacuzzi tub that I was so excited about was in the middle of the bedroom and it was for one person. Once we had filled it up and realized that most of the water had to be let out so that it wouldn't overflow when my fat ass joined in things went downhill. Then we realized that we both didn't really fit comfortably anyway. We gave up and went straight to bed. Happy year anniversary. The ride home was the best part. We went back up through Jerome and went to some of my favorite galleries and then had lunch. We were so happy to pick up Buddy and head home. We both missed him a lot.
Brian started his new job yesterday and Oakley started first grade. I came down with a case of the flu. Other than that things are very domesticated and normal. Just the way I like them.


No comments:
Post a Comment