Friday, October 28, 2005

Scaping our Land

Brian and I have taken on the daunting task of landscaping our backyard. Up until now it has been a pile of dirt, enclosed by an eight foot wall. The dog loves it as he thinks it is especially for him. The problem was, during monsoon season it turned into a mud pit... just add Buddy. So, we had to wrap him in a sheet when we got home each night and put him directly in to the tub. He didn't understand why we would do such a thing. As if bathing him isn't a pain enough... drying him is even worse!

So, with a ton of aid from Brian's father we have started to landscape. I didn't realize that this would mean that I would have a ziploc bag of "rock samples" in my purse. Last time I had something like that in my purse... well... we won't go there! lol. This task also means a lot of time spent in the backyard with our hands on our hips pointing at the dirt and talking about what exactly we are going to do. I stand there with my hands on my hips and smile and nod... waiting for the opportunity that I can sneak away and go watch TV.

Tonight we are getting 17 tons of rock delivered on our driveway and we will take it wheelbarrow by wheelbarrow in to the backyard. And by we I mean Brian, and whoever else he can find. I thought I would be helping more, but I honestly have never used a shovel and I am very scared of driving a wheelbarrow. I just want to wear cute hats and gloves (matching) and sit in the dirt and grow a vegetable garden and flowers. I will buy cute signs that say things like "garden of weedin'" and put them in the soil on posts.

On top of the landscaping we have the holiday season upon us. The preparation seems endless, and ... where exactly is the money coming from?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

17 tons is a lot. I hope you have a very large yard!