Thursday, May 12, 2005

ET Phone Home

So I still don't have a home phone. I finally got Qwest out to my house to set it up and they found that the wiring is installed incorrectly. It goes through the attic and maybe one of the workers put a nail through the wiring. We also realized that that was the only phone jack in the entire house. I guess when we didn't get upgrades on our house, no one was kidding around! I use Brian's cell phone but he is an absolute freak about his minutes and hovers over me while motioning for me to "wrap it up". I didn't understand why something was missing out of my life since I've been in the new house. What did I do in the apartment to occupy time? Oh yeah, talk on the phone for hours at a time.

I called the house people and she said she would try to get an electrician out on Monday (this was on Friday) but that she needed it in writing. What? Anyways, I filled out the form and the second question was home phone number! Argh. Needless to say, nothing yet. I am paying for phone service that doesn't exist. I paid last month for them to hook it up to my old apartment. Maybe I am meant to dissappear into obscurity, I doubt it though... I want to talk people's ears off again!

No comments: