Saturday night Brian and I didn't sleep a wink. The mattress that we had was so small and squeaky and my side sunk down so I had to hold on to keep from falling out of bed. He woke up and told me that he had a dream about monkeys... monkeys, I asked "yeah, mean monkeys" he said. The next morning he had had enough and decided that we needed to buy a new mattress. We don't have the money to buy a new mattress and to top it off I ran off to the grocery store with his debit card and spent double what I should have. I thought he was going to kill me! Luckily, when I got home the neighbor called me over and said that he had a brand new king sized mattress that he was giving away. They downsized their Phoenix house by about half the size and can't fit all of thir things in their new place. They are 80 and wanted to live where it was cooler. I was so excited because this dear man just saved my ass, and the money it would have cost to buy a new mattress. When Brian got home I quickly told him about the mattress, and added softly what I spent on groceries.
I imagine that when most couples move things that they communicate, you grab that end, we'll turn it on its side and I'll go first... things of that nature. Not Brian and I. We lift up and he yells at me for not doing what he is thinking, I throw down whatever I am helping to lift and tell him to do it his damn self. He tells me that I have no sense on how to move things, tries to do it himself and then has to come and apologize to me and promise that it won't happen again so that i will help him. Between moving our old mattress out, moving the new mattress in the garage while we moved the headboard into Oakley's room and then finally getting the new mattress in to our room, this happened about four or five times.
Now, over the past couple of days I have learned that a couple of people are concerned about my relationship and are wondering why I am considering getting married when we fight so much. I think that I should clarify that it's Brian's passion that I love about him. The fact that he gets so irritated and mad and we yell is just part of what I think is great about us. We don't do it in front of Oakley and we always end up crompromising and making up. If we got along all of the time I would get irritated and bored. I have been known to start stupid fights for this very same reason. He is teaching me to be less sensitive and I am teaching him to be less of an asshole. Someday this may even out in which case we will need to find something else to fight about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment