Monday, April 03, 2006

Keep on Truckin'

I drive a Neon. Worse, a Neon with a spoiler...which makes it sporty. When I went car shopping I didn't care if I went home in a two-tone 85 Le Sabre, the only criteria I had is that I didn't want a Neon. I bought a brand new one.

Brian has hated my car from day one, I realize that it's not the greatest thing but I think his strong feelings for it keep him up at night. There have been many weekends that we decide to run errands together and he requests I drive, I do this without thinking. Suddenly he suggests that we just "stop by" a dealership and check out other vehicles. I get so stressed out because I don't want to just trade my car in on a random Sunday afternoon. Finally, yesterday we test drove trucks and I agreed that we will trade in my car on a family truck. This way we can build our dog run and finish our landscaping. Brian will become popular to his buddies on moving day. He and his father are at the dealership right now trying to make a deal and they will call me when they need my signature. I prefer it this way because car deals make me very uncomfortable, mostly because the dealers are so stereotypical. The one that is currenlty helping us has a limp, false huge teeth and a gigantic gold sapphire ring on his pinky. His name is Rick and "he's been doing this for 13 years".

Brian turned 34 on Sunday and we went to Sushi. I use this term very loosely in Prescott. I'm not big on the lingo or any of the other culture that goes along with it. However, I'm pretty sure that the sushi cooks behind the counter aren't supposed to be a white boy and a Mexican with slightly slanted eyes. Also, our waiter was a veteran meth user and resembled Kip from Napoleon Dynamite. He also had tight jeans, a plaid shirt and a leather bill fold hanging out of his back pocket. I overheard conversation at the other table "Jim likes Ginger...don't you Jim. Did I ever tell you the story of when I fell off the ladder?" I doubt we will return anytime soon.

Florida was beautiful weather and it was nice to get away. I think that the best part was returning because Brian and I missed eachother so much. The first day was quite the honeymoon. That lasted less than a day! ; ) It was a lot of hard work and a long week away, however I missed a snow storm here and got to hang out at the beach one morning so I won't bitch too much. My skin loathed the humidity and I came back with a horrible complexion. I am such a desert girl.

No comments: