Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Eyelash Wishes

I suppose it was a little naive of me to think that I could blow a stray eyelash off of my fingertip and wish for the mediation to go well. Oakley's mom and Brian went through mediation yesterday and we learned that there's a reason that Arizona is viewed as a pro-mother state. Although we are clearly the better environment and household for him to be in, unless Oakley is in immediate danger they will not attempt to take him from his mother. This breaks my heart. We don't want to take him completely from his mom, we just want to give him the kind of life that he deserves and isn't getting. Hopefully one day things will look up. All I can do now is try to be the best mother figure that I can and be there for him 100%.

The trip was actually a lot of fun. It was nice to see my family and catch up with a lot of people. My Uncle Jim's family is an absolute kick in the ass. I always leave there with my cheeks on fire from laughing so hard. My cousin's new wife fits in perfect and is a great addition to the clan! I got to see my favorite person in the whole world, my Grandma Fran and even though she is in the nursing home with advanced alzheimers, I saw a glimpse of the woman I love and idolize. I just had to look really deep in her eyes to find it.

I was able to see friends that I haven't been able to set quality time aside for in past visits. Sorry Jason and Anna! It's not easy with a jury trial and all. ; ) But I do think of them often and love them very much.

Mostly it was just so great to reconnect with Heather. It's the third time we've done the trip and this time it was under the best circumstances. Most people would get sick of someone else, but once I got home I had to keep myself from calling her a few times a day to catch up!

Of course, I didn't plan on being the pathetic girlfriend that misses her boyfriend so bad it hurts. Brian and I had only spent one other night apart before this trip. I thought I would be fine but I missed him tremendously from the moment I started to drive off. I'm sure I drove people crazy, but I couldn't help it... thanks all for being so patient when/if I was whining.

Tracey is still as beautiful and fantastic as ever and Austin just fills my heart with joy. I am completely at home with those two and it's a really great feeling.

It was also great to see my dad, sister and brother. LaMont and I went shopping together and I got him the new Harry Potter book. I was just so excited to have a sibling that is as excited about books as I am! Clara and I went shopping and she was an enormous help and really great for my self image. I didn't feel fat around her and had a blast in Lane Bryant (ahem... I am the SMALLEST size there after all!) LOVED IT! My dad looks so great, he looks younger than I ever remember him looking. Like he did in pictures when I was a little girl.

I got all three seasons of the Newlyweds for my birthday and I am the happiest girl in the world! I have been watching that and hanging out with my cat and Oakley. It's always nice to get to go and see your family, but when you come home to your future husband and step son it makes you realize that you really do choose your family. I love mine.

No comments: