Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Nitrate Meltdown

I know that it should probably go without saying, but make it a general rule to never eat at a Chinese Buffet. Especially one who's sign says Ch a Buff t because of burnt out neon letters. Brian and I would pass it all of the time and he would beg to go. I thought he was kidding in the beginning, my culinary genius begging for that place? I finally gave in last night and we went. Before we even left he said that he was on Nitrate Meltdown, meaning that all of the food has too many salts and MSG in it so it gives people a headache. By the time I got home I was on the floor and very unhappy. I had to sleep in Oakley's bed because my stomach was upset and I was so restless.

We are halfway looking for a puppy. I took it a couple steps too far and called to set up appointments with some of the foster parents. Brian and I decided this morning that we should wait until we have more money to invest and perhaps monsoon season is over so our backyard isn't a mud wrestling pit. I cancelled the appointments this morning. Instead we are probably going to take Oakley to Walmart tonight to pick out a fish or something small like that. I'm afraid he may have his hopes set on getting a dog soon. Maybe for his birthday or Christmas.

No comments: