It's been forever. I keep telling myself that I really don't have anything new going on, but my last posts weren't written because I necessarily had something new and exciting going on in my life. I just find something in my nothing to write about I suppose.
Clara's coming at the beginning of October and I am so excited. Finally someone will get to see my new house and my new life down here. I really think that she needs it too. Brian has a friend that is coming from San Francisco that just needs to get back to the basics too. He's in two rock bands and lives down town. Our house means hanging out on the porch in a rocking chair and playing with a dog, cat and a six year old. I think that's the perfect therapy!
I was really on a roll today. Kicking butt on email requests for info, ETA's, tracking, etc. I found out late this afternoon that none of emails were being received externally. I was receiving, and people in the office were receiving from me... but everything important that I did wasn't received. Irriated by this? Yes, yes I am. On a let's-look-at- the-bright-side-note, I don't work in the warehouse. Since it's the last day of the month they have to wait until all of the shipments are done and then physically count every product that we have on the shelves. They will be here until the wee hours of the morning, before returning to work to do the regular shipping and receiving. To make this easier I have stopped putting in orders a half hour early so that they can get started. This also means that I have decided to be done for the day and instead will dick around at my desk and on my blog. he he, I said dick.
It will be so nice to have a three day weekend. Brian on the other hand is working like 8 days in a row. He wants the house spotless for his buddy, not like it's not already really clean. Oh well, I guess it gives us a reason to do the mopping and stuff like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
The house needs to be spotless because the guy from S.F. in two rock bands is a closet neat freak? I hyave lived with a guy in a rock band for several years and the general philosophy is that tee shirts can't have too many holes to be worn, wrappers from fast food items are to be saved under the couch in case one needs emergency access to paper for writing on, a makeshift napkin or a place matt. A broom and mop are strange devices whose true purpose will be revealed in time... just not today. There will constantly be about half a dozen half empty beer bottles scattered thrtoughout the house in strategic locations like the bathroom, the computer room, the stairs and the hall closet because he is planning on finishing them soon. Maybe tomorrow.
Usually band members don't care about cleanliness as long as there is couch or floor space to crash on and they are not woken up before noon.
Post a Comment