I can honestly say that I think this has been one of the longest days of my life! This work day seems to have taken the equivilant of three 8 hour shifts. I don't know if it's tax day and suddenly schools have decided that, because they are getting shit for tax dollars, they don't need to buy new software for the ungrateful children in attendance or what.
I am feeling more and more large these days. We have lovely captain's chairs as part of the dining room set that we got for free from Brian's Grandmother. I love that the table is antique and used to seat his family, I do not like, however, that my ass barely fits in them. It's like trying to sit in one of those baby swings at the park. I keep thinking that perhaps this means I will remember not to eat as much. But instead I like to stand and shovel food into my mouth. I will start doing my yoga again, lord knows I need the added flexibility. I have to grab my other leg to try to cross my leg and tying my shoes is becoming a bigger chore with every bite!
I still have an hour in this hell hole. The techno music being played in the background has my body very confused. Perhaps it's the very end of the party where all of my drugs and booze have worn off and I no longer care if I get laid or a phone number. Thank God those days are over. Also, thank God that I was able to live a little. I was engaged to be married like 10 days after my 21st birthday. That would have been beyond disastrous.
My future father in law has found it very necessary to call me like three times today at work with nothing much to say other than he would like to hang out with Oakley this weekend and bought him a baseball mit at a garage sale for $3. While I find this all very fascinating, it is also a little perplexing as I have never had a future father in law or instant son for him to buy a baseball mit for at said garage sale.
The joys of my instant family are immense. However, I worry all of the damn time. I don't have the luxury of raising an infant into a six year old, suddenly I have a six year old. He had a bump on his arm and I was convinced that it was a spider bite that may kill him in his sleep. This meant checking on him excessivly. I also linger outside the bathroom door while he bathes, if babies can drown in those plastic buckets, my new kindergartner can most certainly drown in the tub. Thank God he enjoys making animal noises and singing so I don't have to open the door to check on him.
Brian plays the guitar while he shits. I like to lay outside the door and listen to the music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment