Monday, July 25, 2005

Rain on my parade... please!

My birthday has been so amazing. It is raining and thundering out side and the sky is a sad blue. I love this weather, the kind that makes you want to stay in bed with the one you love all day. Speaking of the one I love, I have the most beautiful red roses that he brought me on my desk in a mason jar. That's perfect. We are going to dinner tonight.

I think this is the best birthday I've ever had. My future in laws had us over for lunch yesterday and gave me the sweetest card and some houseplants for the house (they don't know me at all huh? Mud pie and houseplants... just like roses in a mason jar).

Brian's grandma (who I absolutely adore) took out her jewelry box and told me to pick something out for my birthday since I've been so good to her. Hello? Tears much? She went through and told me the stories of all of the items while the whole family sat at the kitchen table. It's like Hallmark come to life. I chose a necklace that was her great aunts.

One day you wake up and realize that your life has finally begun. You assume every role that you knew you would and run with them. I am very, very lucky. Today is truly a day to celebrate.

1 comment:

cali said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT ONE, SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ALREADY!!!